Friday, October 28, 2011

YAY

YAY...I have my first follower and comment.  Thank you ShinyShiny Designs Company. http://theshinyshinydesigncompany.blogspot.com/

*******************************************************************************

I am really struggling to come up with new and unique ideas that will allow me to use my talents to make a little extra money.  You hear about these people that lose their jobs and go out and make as beaded necklace, or a cupcake out of a leftover hotdog or a coffee mug out of a hub cab and become instant millionaires.  Well, I am waiting for my turn!

I have been doing one craft or another for over 30 years...

I have taught tole painting and worked the craft fairs.  Made OK money if, but not enough to quit my full time job.

I have sewn, painted murals, opened a small gift shop, sold things on Ebay...now trying on Etsy.  I have made 3D modelled fondant cakes...did really well with that, but health issues would not allow me to keep the pace up.  SOOOO, it is back to the drawing board. 

I am really interested in lampwork beads and have found a class nearby.  But, you know the old saying..."It takes money to make money".  Well guess what..."I AIN'T GOT NO MONEY!!!!!"

I keep thinking and praying that one day that perfect idea will come to me and it will be my turn.  Until then, I guess I will keep making things that I like and enjoy...keep searching the internet for new ideas...and enjoy my newest grandaughter.  She makes me smile and laugh and that is the most important thing in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment