Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Post

I am a wife, a mother to two daughters and a step-daughter and a Nana of four beautiful grandchildren.  I love creating anything and trying new things.  I sew, paint, work with ribbons, fabrics, papers, etc.  I love animals and I Love to read!

I owned and operated a custom cake design shop called Bloomin' Cakes for almost 2 years.  I specialized in 3D modelled speciality cakes using fondant.  It was very successful and I loved it.  However, I had to sell the business due to health issues.  I miss it very much...especially my customers!

I am trying to keep busy and generate a little revenue by starting an Etsy Shop.  http://www.nanaandmecreations.etsy.com/ so far, I am making Victorian inspired graphic design pillow covers with handpainted touches of color.  I love Victorian, French Country and Shabby Chic. 

I hope to post tutorials as I create new things.  I have just completed a toulle tutu for my six month old grandaughter Kessie.  She is going to be a spider...sort of!  Stayed toned...that is my next post.

I look forward to making new friends, sharing ideas, resources, successes and joys!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I see like me you are new to blogging. Like me you are most likely wondering how on earth do you get people to read and comment on your blog. In all honesty I have no real idea, but when I d o find out I'll pass it on.

    Loving your blogs on Halloween.

    Keep it up!
    Shiny :-)

    ReplyDelete